Friday, April 26, 2013

Guerilla Marketing on the Internet - Book Review

I just finished reading “Guerilla Marketing on the Internet: The Definitive Guide from the father of Guerilla Marketing” by Jay Conrad Levinson. As a professional Internet marketer and serious blogger, I try to read as much as I can on this topic. I have read other books from this author so my expectations were high. I must say that I was blown away at the quality of this book. This is a real gem in this category.


As the title suggests, this is about marketing on the Internet. There is great information about using affiliate marketing programs as well as other channels to make money from the Internet. There are some great techniques on how to promote your site and drive traffic, many of which are not available in other books. This is a great resource because they really go into great depth and detail on these topics where a lot of books I have read lately just touch upon these topics. My favorite section was the one on podcasts, there is very valuable information on how to use this medium effectively to market your products or services. This is one area that I need improvement on so I was glad there was so much detailed information available. The author is an expert writer and you can tell that he knows his stuff and is excited about sharing it. This was a long book but once I picked it up I could not out it down.


The one thing that needs improvement is the editing. I did notice way too many spelling and grammar mistakes. I was very surprised about this because the author is too good to allow this to happen.



Guerilla Marketing on the Internet - Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment