Sunday, April 28, 2013

Book and CD Review for Getting Into The Vortex Meditations

About a month ago, I received an e-mail from Hay House advertising the release of Jerry and Esther Hicks latest book and CD entitled, Getting Into The Vortex. Enjoying the Hicks’s work with the Law of Attraction, I rushed out to get this newest product.


I have many guided meditation CDs and I was looking forward to this one. I brought it home and began using it immediately. Now that it’s been about a month of daily use of these meditiations, I’m ready to give my review.


Overall rating & review: 5 stars*


There is an introduction by Jerry Hicks, an introduction by the non-physical beings, Abraham, and then four guided mediations that last 15 minutes each. The book is a written copy of the CD. You can read it to yourself at times when you’d like a change from listening to the words. Esther Hicks channels Abraham for each guided meditation.


The meditations are broken down into the four major categories of life where we are looking for improvement: general well-being, financial, physical body and relationships. True, if we could master our overall well-being and the subsequent areas of our lives: our relationship with our body, our finances and with other people, life would indeed, be sweet.


Why I would recommend this CD to others


1. The mediations are easy to listen to. The music is soft, Esther’s voice gentle. You don’t need to concentrate on anything in particular. It feels good to just relax and “float” for a while.


2. The meditations are quick, only fifteen minutes each. Who doesn’t have that small of a slot of time to work one meditation in each day?


3. The major areas covered in the meditations are the ones that count closest to our personal growth and desire for change. Who’s not interested in having a little more money, a little more good health, better relationships with our loved ones and that feeling of “I’m just feeling happy today” feeling. The meditations are right on the mark.


4. This feeling of well-being and centeredness is the primary feeling that you walk away with after each meditation. I find myself having a much easier time working on visualization and better fleshing out of ideas and projects I’m excited about.


5. At the very least, you’ll feel calmer and more peaceful throughout your day as you do these mediations for a few weeks.


Some Precautions about this CD


1. If you are not familiar with the Hicks’s work, then the idea of Esther channeling non-physical beings they refer to as Abraham. That is your personal choice to make but one that might hinder you from getting the most from these CD meditations.


2. For those who want instant success. It won’t come because you listen to the financial well-being meditation once or twice that you’ll see gigantic lottery winnings making their way up your front walk. It takes some time to feel more comfortable with these new vibrations or to feel in harmony with the things you are asking for.


3. The whole “new age” wording like “vibration” and “your vortex might be a turned off for you depending on your spiritual stance and upbringing.


Overall Impressions


Overall, these guided meditations are light and easy to do. They don’t take long and can easily be integrated into your daily schedule: 15 minutes before getting out of bed in the morning (or while the coffee’s brewing – my method); sometime during the day when you need to recharge your mental batteriesanother of my tricks) or as you are falling asleep at bedtime.


Has my life improved? Financial? Relationships? Health and Body? You bet! I’ve already lost a few pounds (without trying), I miraculously got over a cold that I caught and my new business has suddenly taken off. And I just feel happy to be here enjoying my life. Overall, it’s worth the investment.



Book and CD Review for Getting Into The Vortex Meditations

No comments:

Post a Comment