Sunday, June 23, 2013

Contributors of Negative Energy in Life: Delayed Decision Making for Fear of Money

In the last fortnight I was contacted by a person with regards to personal coaching in human potential enhancement, which happens to be my area of expertise. This person came to me through a social networking website, where I regularly post my updates and blog posts.


The first question this person asked me, even before we had a chat on what I could offer him, was “Is it chargeable?”


I am writing this piece as a dedication to this person and many others who may wish to reach me, but hesitate to do so, for the very reason – the pricing of my services.


I offer my due respect to this person because I really think he has asked a marvelous question. Also, I wish to make clear that this piece is intended to be an awareness piece and is not intended to hurt anyone’s feelings in any way. On the contrary, it is intended to offer help to many others who may have similar thoughts going on in their minds.


I decided to write this piece because of the fact that delayed decision making is something that most human potential coaches talk about almost all of the time, but mostly people refrain from touching the topic of money.


The topic of money is perhaps the most sensitive issue in our lives. Still, we refrain from talking about it because this issue makes us highly uncomfortable. So, we have invented pathways to skirt this issue in the garb of decency. “It is impolite to ask a man about his income”, became the norm of decent and civilized living. This was obviously before women became the active earning members of the community. But when women started contributing economically to the society, the same norm became automatically applicable to them as well. I wonder why other rules did not start applying automatically to women in societies all over the world. But that is a topic for another discussion. Here we will focus only on the uncomfortable issue of money.


It would not be wrong to say that our lives revolve around the topic of money. Right from our morning cup of humble tea or coffee to our late night rendezvous at a lavish pub, everything comes at a certain price. We can enjoy only those things that we find ourselves capable of paying for. This is the reality of modern day living. Whether we shun discussing money or we prefer to turn our backs on it, the truth still remains that we extend our hands to receive only those products and services that we consider ourselves worthy of attaining. What we do not realize is that we hinder most of our chances of growth also by doing this.


Delaying making significant decisions that we know can prove extremely important to our progress because of money is something we all have done at some point in time or the other. We sometimes may lose on the opportunity but much more importantly we lose on the precious time. Remember, money will in any case get spent somewhere or the other, but the time lost will never ever be retrieved. The same time that can be utilized in moving forward in life and creating actual improvements translating into increase in money earning capabilities gets lost forever.


I am not suggesting for anyone to take massive and uncontrollable risks. Most people thankfully do not live that recklessly. I am saying rely on your natural instincts. Your inner self knows when you are making the right decision. I can help you in identifying them with better accuracy.


Most of the times when we wish to make expenditures solely for our selves; they are small expenditures as compared to what we incur for other things in our lives. Come to think of it, we often make a compromise only on the expenditures that can create progress for us. Is it because we do not consider ourselves worthy of success?


A big part of my services is to make people understand and change their self image, which governs all their results in life. This includes their relationship with money, which also governs their capability of earning money.


Also, for the record, all my services are not chargeable. Not because I do not like making money. I do. I like making money and have no hesitation in admitting this reality because more money not only means that I can create a better life for myself and my loved ones, but it also means that I can contribute more towards helping others.


Look for more on this topic as this one requires more space than one blog article. For now, just know that delaying reaching any decision because of the fear of the money involved is perhaps the most important of all of the fears and hence contributes towards maximum negative energy in most people’s lives. Still, ironically enough most people do not appreciate it, or rather do not wish to look into it fully. I am here to tell you that unless you face this issue you will never change your present results with money.


Watch out for more on money in my forthcoming articles.



Contributors of Negative Energy in Life: Delayed Decision Making for Fear of Money

No comments:

Post a Comment