Thursday, March 28, 2013

110% - 110 Strategies For Feeling Great Every Day by Pat Croce With Bill Lyon

I read “110%: 110 Strategies For Feeling Great Every Day” by Pat Croce with Bill Lyon after reading Croce’s “I Feel Great and You Will Too!” “110%” is good for what it is, but I did not enjoy it near as much as I enjoyed “I Feel Great.” The first book contained a lot about Croce and his story was motivating, and it was a very enjoyable read. “110%” does not have that same feeling, and you don’t connect with Croce like you do with his first book.


Part of this is the way the book is written. This book has 110 lessons or strategies for feeling great. These amount to one per page. Each page has two quotes on the top, which I really liked, and if you like quotes you will most likely enjoy these as well. After the two quotes, there is a big message in bold print such as “Give Compliments,” “Do Your Best,” “Declare a holiday.” And “Mute the day.” After the large print, there are a couple paragraphs about that strategy with motivating words to do these activities to make you feel better, or as Croce likes to say, to make you feel great.


I like the quotes, and I like the general message of the book. However, it was not as enjoyable as Croce’s first book, and you don’t get to know the person like you did with that first one. Also, some of the entries are just too basic and maybe reaching to ensure they reached 110 entries. With that said, I still think it is a good text if you want a quick pick-me-up and some ideas of activities you can do to make yourself feel better, or maybe even great. Croce is definitely a person who is full of enthusiasm for life, and reading this book just might give you reasons to be more enthusiastic as well. I definitely think it is worth reading, but I’m giving it four stars compared to five stars I give “I Feel Great.”



110% - 110 Strategies For Feeling Great Every Day by Pat Croce With Bill Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment